We care about our community’s health and well-being and believe uncompromised healthcare should be available to all Patients through the Medicare Benefits Schedule. Cooloola Coast General Practice is a Bulk Billing Practice and all of our Doctors Bulk Bill to Patients with a current Medicare Card on all MBS items.
Some services/procedures may attract a charge; a comprehensive list of fees is available from our Admin team upon request.
Private Billing/Additional Fees
Patients who do not hold a current Medicare Card will be billed as a Private Patient.
A list of our most common Private Billing/Additional Fees are as follows:
- Standard Consult < 20 minutes, Mon-Fri: $80.00
- Extended Consult 20-40 minutes, Mon-Fri: $150.00
- Prolonged Consult > 40 minutes, Mon-Fri: $220.00
- Commercial Licence: $150.00 (Medicare rebate NOT available with a commercial license)
- Emergency Script: $15.00 (Overnight service without consult for limited medications. Not available for antibiotics or Schedule 8 medications such as pain killers or sleeping tablets)
- Dressings*: $5, $10 & $15. This is for patients who have had procedures done externally such as at hospital; or patients with persistent wounds that require longer than usual attention. (*this fee is charged by the Practice, NOT the Doctor) Patients are welcome to bring in their own appropriate dressing
- Surgery/Dressing Practice fee: $49.50 applicable to surgical procedures (not including biopsies) to cover the cost of specialised sutures and dressings
- Iron Infusion: $50 ($30 concession card holders)
- Vena Section: $50 ($30 concession card holders)
DVA Gold Card holders are exempt of all fees and charges.
We accept Cash, Debit card and Visa/Mastercard forms of payment.
Consultation types are determined by the Doctor and the reason for the visit.
Some treatments/procedures may also attract a charge; a comprehensive list of fees is available from our Admin team upon request.